On Monday I crafted a cute little necklace that a friend of mine saw. She found it on a darling blog, and the tutorial is here. Now, I will warn you, while Little Miss Momma pointed out that the necklace was easy to make (true), she failed to mention that it is time consuming!
So First I went to the Fabric Store - am I turning into my mother or what!? The smell alone made me flash back to my childhood and all I wanted to do was hurry and get outta there! but I found these dandies in the clearance bin -
But GREAT NEWS! - if I bought 3, I got an additional 33% off! Holla! Deal shopping in the Fabric Store...now I really am my mom.
Since Little Miss Momma's tutorial is here, and way better than mine, I wont go into full detail - but I cut the felt circles first
Then I cut the fabric circles. LMM says to do them about the same size, which I did, but if i had it to do over, I'd cut them a little bigger, fyi. So then I got busy gluing...and gluing....and gluing! First I glued scrunched fabric circles to felt circles, then I glued all of the felt circles to more felt, then glued the chain to the felted pom poms.
Voila! New necklace! And so many compliments on it!
Inspired?! It's really not hard, just pop in a dvd and get your glue on!
Happy Thursday!





Ooo, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! and you're totally right, I should mention that it takes a while, lol!
ReplyDeleteI love the fabric you selected and the chain is amazing! I would love to see it on you!!!!
I am hosting a link party on Saturday, where you post pictures that you have taken of yourself--maybe you could take some with the necklace *wink*wink*
Love it! I'm so glad that you tried it out. I can't wait to give it a try too and at least you didn't stay up until 2 am making these. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, I think we need to see it on you, for sure. I love you how crafty you are, so impressive!!
ReplyDelete