No, I didnt just twinkle my fingers on the keyboard in the 'Post Title' line and leave it. This a new topic that has been brewing for sometime now, and it's time, TM18YOSWNBIS needs a voice.
I remember reaching an age, about 20-24, when remembering 10 years ago was actual real remembering, not just things people told me happened. That was kinda weird. Now, I believe I've reached another level of aging. (Go ahead and scoff, that's fine.)
For a while now, I've found myself saying things and then thinking, 'was that me?' I cant believe I just complained about the cost of health insurance, or commented that you just cant find a summer skirt that's a decent length and not too skimpy, or I'm asking a high schooler to install emoticons on my phone because I just cant figure it out, etc. Again, kinda weird.
But is it just me? So I commented on this to a few friends similar in age, and they agreed, they've had similar recent experiences, thus, we bring you:
Things My 18 Year Old Self Would Not Believe I'm Saying
Here's a good one from Karla in reference to grocery shopping. She didnt even let out a Jr High giggle when she said it:
'They were the most beautiful breasts you've ever seen.'
Or here's another from Tory, my jock friend, this was in reference to his daughter's doll that was beeing wheeled through the crowd in a stroller. Someone asked the little girl what the doll's name was, with zero hesitation and complete seriousness he said:
'Oh that baby doll's name is Anabelle.'
Or just the other night, my husband (weird!), looked at his watch and said:
'Well, it's getting late, it's about 9:30, I think we should head home'
Sometimes I dont even notice when these things are said. And then it hits me.
Who am I?!
Tell me we're not alone! Has this happened to anyone else?
'Oh that baby doll's name is Anabelle.'
Or just the other night, my husband (weird!), looked at his watch and said:
'Well, it's getting late, it's about 9:30, I think we should head home'
Sometimes I dont even notice when these things are said. And then it hits me.
Who am I?!
Tell me we're not alone! Has this happened to anyone else?
Like going to township meetings. I hear ya!
ReplyDeleteBlingo. Bahhhhh!
Delete