So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The trio of scaredy-cats

Rose dubbed us as this scared trio as we ran through the woods late Saturday evening with Communist guards hot on our tails! Yes, you read me right, Communist guards. :)

I spent last weekend in Northern Michigan, my favorite place in all the world! Friday Melissa, Ethan and I had a blast from the past and hung out in the Traverse City Mall most of the day, shopping and chatting and showing Ethan what was cool in TC in the 90's. It was great spending time with her and just in the nick of time too. As I write, she and Ethan are safely back in Baku, reunited as a family!

He was supposed to be sleeping, but he was smiling instead :)

In the evening, I headed to Lake Ann Camp, for Exiled 2014. This year was their Romanian theme, which consists of a Communist takeover Friday night, Bible raids, secret chapel meetings, persecution, and a liberation mission Saturday night!

Checking in with some familiar faces

 Maintenance at midnight provided us with comic relief they dont teach in school!

Victory! And the trio of scaredy-cats

 Marv and Linds were there too! Fun!

Maybe someday I'll get out of Jr. High. Until then I'm enjoying learning and growing in faith alongside some pretty sweet kids!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, was it really just Friday we were hanging out at the mail together? Crazy! I'm so glad it worked out, Ethan had a great time, too :) so much good people watching to be had!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man you arent kidding about the people watching! ha!

      Delete