Recently I was looking through photos and found a number of me as a bridesmaid. Which got me to thinking about being a bridesmaid. I think I have some sage advice, for no one in particular, except the blog world at large.
First, and this is probably the biggest one: Shut your yap and smile. It's not your day. Someday it will be, but today's not it. It's her's and you said yes. So zip it.
We know you didnt pick the dress or the color. And even if you did get to pick your style, we know that there's no such thing as a 'great bridesmaids dress' Fear not. I know it wasnt your choice, I dont blame you.
Shoes. Learn to walk in heels. She wants you in heels, so dont be difficult for her and say 'I cant wear heels.' Learn to.
Make-up. Another, very fabulous bridesmaid told me this: Wear just a little more than you usually do, and dont be afraid of your eyebrows with the eyeshadow.
Love it! Dance like you're wearing a matching dress with 6 other girls...'cause you are! This gives you certain rights and liberties for the day. Kinda like a VIP pass. So dance dance yeah! Keep the party real, be happy for them, and enjoy their day!




We are AWANA cubbies we're happy all day long
ReplyDeleteWe know that Jesus Loves us that's why we sing this song
We jump and shout for Joy
for Jesus is a friend to us
he loves each girl and boy
dance whenever and where ever. it is your right! great post! :)
ReplyDeleteLove it! (And not just because I feel a personal pull towards this post at this exact moment) Also, you look great in all of those dresses, even if they were just bridesmaids dresses :)
ReplyDeleteWant to see a photo of you on my wedding day. Wasn't I the first?
ReplyDeleteVery wise advice, my friend. Some of which I've yet to learn and truly apply, but I'm working on it :) That being said, I like seeing my picture in your blog, it makes me happy! Though I did let you pick the dress, just saying :) And I think we look way better in the pic with both of us flexing, which is currently on permanent display on the center of my fridge. Anyway, love the post.
ReplyDeleteAlso, didn't realize Aaron had logged onto his gmail account on my computer, and his blog name is Ol' Flinty (its a pirate thing). Really sorry about that. Hope that doesn't creep you out too much, its really me, Melissa Sioux, writing to you. Also, side note, I just got twitter and I tried to go on as Melissa Sioux but it was already taken. Sad day. So I'm Melco now, just in case you have twitter and want to be my twitter friend :)
ReplyDelete