So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Party Party Party

This is the theme of our life right now, on the weekends anyway!

Friday night we got invited as bonus guests to another Sunday School Class' Christmas party.  I think it's because we're uproariously funny and the life of any party, but it might just be that we live close, don't have kids, and were available....hard to say.

The first cheesecake of Christmas! Not really actually, I had a slice the night before come to think of it. This one was made from scratch and really tasty!


Jacob, the perennial salesman, trying to sell his White Elephant.  And me, giving my gift a test run!

Ohhhh Petah Dahhhhhling! So polite with his espresso! Pinkies up!

annnnd this is your new lock screen photo when you leave your phone unattended! dang kids! :)

Saturday morning brought the long anticipated Baby Pater shower! I just cant believe that the girl I share my most vivid childhood memories with, I'm talking playing baby dolls at preschool, is about to bring forth life into this world! It was a beautiful celebration of life and friendship.

I made cookies as the favor, there's very little Kari loves more than an edible favor! ;)

The details were in the decorations! Even the snowflakes were actually in the shape of baby bottles!

 A hot chocolate bar for our coffee hating, and sweet loving, friend

Hostesses with the mostesses

And all the girlfriends.  I have sweet memories with each one of these ladies. Friendship is a gift.

Saturday night was Peter's office party, and before you say it or think it, they invite various other people whom they work with, it's not just his brothers and dad! Peter and I enjoyed chatting with various people, a delicious meal, and a two topping dessert. We even got gift bags! What a treat! 

It's the most wonderful time of the year! And we're so blessed to know the real reason for celebration, and are growing in him more each day.

1 comment: