So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Night

Tonight I went to the Church Ministries Conference at Calvary Baptist Church. I had never been before and it was a really wonderful experience! Chad Vitarelli put together a combined praise choir that I participated in. When we finished I felt energized and refreshed and I thought to myself, 'That was fun!' Something about worshiping with fellow believers - people you dont even know, who have come together to give praise and glory to God, so cool!

Joe Stowell spoke tonight and it was like he was speaking straight to my heart. He spoke on the Ephesian church who were commended in a number of areas but ultimately had lost their first love for Christ. Then he went to Luke 2 and tied in the story of the prostitute who washed Jesus' feet with her tears. She showed her love for Christ through her actions. Dr Stowell encouraged us to return to our first love: Christ. To view the things we do in our churches as acts of worship and not work, to do and help as a way to demonstrate our love for Christ. We were indebted to Christ far beyond anything we could imagine, but he canceled that debt, he forgave before we even had need of being forgiven. Now love as a response of gratefulness.

1 comment: