So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fun by the Foot

While the Cat’s away the Mice will play!  I think that’s how the saying goes.  Our Youth Pastor Adam was out of town so in his absence youth staff, (Jenn and Jacob), took over planning Wednesday evening.  All the games involved feet!  It was hilarious, here’s some photos -

Mixeroo 001

Mixeroo 005

UPDATES:

I’ve been meaning to share this, I’ve started going ‘sugar free’.  Well sorta.  I’m a bridesmaid, as you know, at the end of the month, and my girlfriend has been cutting sugary snacks out of her diet for a while now so I thought I’d give it a try.  I’ve done fairly well especially during the week, so I’ll have to keep you posted.  The biggest challenge is the evening boredom craving and the steady stream of junk food around the office, like when Honey Buns just appear on your desk – yikes!

This weekend was River Bank Run weekend!  Nate and Andrea and fam were here, more to come on that, but I met my RBR goal!  since I bailed on doing the 25k, I set a 50 minute goal on the 10k (6.27 miles) and I made it by 3 seconds! :)

Happy Mother’s Day!

6 comments:

  1. B! I've been doing a sugar detox tooj!!!!! I'm in my 3rd week and its been awesome. I don't even crave it anymore. And its helping me lose weight. I've lost 7 already and it feels great. Also, btw, speaking of running, I think I'm going to come home in August, tooj, cause in July I'm bringing a Fort Drum friend. Sooj, we should definitely plan to hang out in August, and I was wondering if there were any races in GR area we could run together??? Thoughts?? Let me know. And I'm working on the whole calling you thing, promise. Its been crazy, but soon. Don't give up on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, I can do great all day and then the late evening hours I blow it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go betsy! we're planning to do a triathlon in july! can't wait =) goodluck on your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! The foot activities look great! And good job meeting your goal for the RBR! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come I didn't hear about this detox and just watched you eat sugar?? haha, just kidding. I can't stand the way you and linds are putting the photos on the blog now... please discuss, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to grab some sugary snacks right now just to celebrate your diet :)

    ReplyDelete