So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Thursday, October 18, 2012

IKEA ahoy!

I've only been to IKEA once in my life, and I didnt own a house and it wasnt a scheduled event.  It did however produce a funnier memory for me in which one of my friends took one look at an over sized oven and exclaimed, 'You could hold like 10 casseroles in there!'  Church ladies everywhere cheered! :)

Recently I revisited IKEA, I had a list, I now have an IKEA family card, and I had looked online.  A quick stop for lunch in their deli proved that yes, the hype is true, the Sweds do have a knack for delicious meatballs, and then we were off!  So many ideas, so fun to look through.  My only trouble is, (aside from a limited cash flow), with all the stuff, I was overstimulated and literally got a little sick to my stomach!  Nothing that a little fresh air and a fro-yo for the road couldnt fix though!


 We also hit Trader Joe's and the Howell outlets where, (and if you know me you'll realize how truly devastating and day ruining this could have been), I didnt even try a darn thing on at Gap Outlet.  I dont know who they were trying to fool with their clearance prices. Not this kid, that's for sure.


We missed our fourth dearly, and it's a good thing we didnt take any men along, they would have hit the roof regarding the number of stops we made.  
It was fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't pass a Gap with out thinking of you. Ever :) But I trust your judgement in this situation. You're so savvy, its really too bad for the Gap that they didn't please you! And I can't wait to see your Ikea purchases in your home!!!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowow. now that i have picked myself up....i can comment. yeah to trader joes. i want to make that happen soon :)

    ReplyDelete