So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Monday, February 8, 2010

FMM - Old Sweater New Sweater

friend makin monday for post

For Friend Making Monday I’m diverting from what Amber and friends are talking about, which is the Super Bowl, and I’m going to introduce you to my friend (and stand in sister) Jennifer. I’ve known her my whole life, idolized her fantastic bangs in the 90’s and have learned so much from her about becoming a gracious woman of God, (still learning)!

Jennifer is so crafty and boldly made the snip to refashion a sweater last week! Here’s what she did -

She started with a turtleneck pullover sweater – projects 001

Then she cute straight down the middle and cut the turtleneck off about 3/4” from the collar.projects 002

She used 1 1/2” ribbon. She ironed it in half, pinned and sewed over each side of the front opening.projects 005

Next she sewed the collar over to make a finished edge.

projects 004

At this point you have two options: 1 - sew buttons and button holes on either side of the opening. Or if you arent able to get to the fabric store with your two small children 2 – affix a pretty pin or brooch to pull the two sides together. TADAAAAAA!

projects 007

She’s also been busy making little pins to doll up an spring outfit!

projects 008

Thanks Jenn for paving the way! Now I’ll know who to turn to when my refashion goes south!

If anyone else has been working on anything and needs a platform for the world, send me an email! I’d love to showcase your ideas!

Happy Monday! Hope it was a great start to your week! :)

6 comments:

  1. so you also got your craft on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to see the sweater in person. It is adorable. Now we just need to get her a blog of her ownn to show off her skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know where got the sweater to begin with and how much it cost...
    Feature my bling board.
    Does she follow tots? The flowers are tot-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm crocheting hats, with crocheted flowers on them, but I've never done it before, so I'm not showing anything till they are done. Then at least I'll know that I could do it. Anywho, hows land in the great GR? Just checked out NYC, and its amazing. Heading to VA this weekend, yay for 10 and a half hours of driving. Also, whats Friend Making Monday? I don't quite get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and did I tell you I'm training for a 10 mile marathon? Well, I am, the Army 10 miler in DC in october. Also, still doing the Shred, and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and my quarter of a cent cherry has finally worn off. I'm sad :(

    ReplyDelete