So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hockey Stick to the Face

Just got home from our Senior High Youth Retreat - it was SO much fun! I was a little hesitant at first, dreading what I was figuring would be a busy weekend with no sleep and not a good start to another busy week. But God is good even when we're whiners! He met my little physical needs, but it seems like he met some far greater spiritual needs this weekend as well - and praise him for it! I unfortunately forgot my camera - I know! I didnt take my purse...sorry. But our speaker Drew challenged the teens to take seriously and understand the weight of the covenant we make with God when we become believers. It effects everything, and should change the way we go about our daily lives. We played Spokes in the snow, had a snow ball fight, Eucher, boot hockey (stick to the face), and just enjoyed spending time together.

I hope everyone had a great weekend too!

6 comments:

  1. So, my weekend wasn't even remotely as spiritually oriented, but the hockey stick in the face reference reminded me of how much hockey I watched. Jeremiah was visiting and we watched alot of hockey, and alot of curling (and they wouldn't let me watch figure skating :( Anyway, just wanted to say hi, I was thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you went Betsy! I think the girls really enjoyed being around you and getting to know you more! It's a sacrifice of time, energy, and in your case, face.....but so worth it to invest in their lives and show them how to live for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. I can't wait until I can jump back into those kind of activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stick to the face...when am i going to get to see your lovely face...soon. friday! please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh, spokes, how i miss that wonderful game. remember when we totally won everything?

    ReplyDelete