So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Honk if you Must

I've been encouraged to share this story on my blog, not one of my finer moments, but here goes!  Last weekend I was driving home from our cottage and it was right around dusk.  I was on Lakeshore, which is a two lane, 55mph, through way.  At the time this road was put in there was MUCH less traffic than there is now, and I've had a friend killed on this road, so I'm always cautious driving on it, especially around the intersections.  As I approached an intersection I saw a car pull up, do a rolling stop, and since he wasnt planning to stop he pulled out in front of me.  I could tell he realized he should have stopped but had over committed himself, but just to let him know that, yes, he was an idiot, and that no, I didnt appreciate him being careless, I laid on the horn
Well, my '99 Red Fox had the last laugh, or honk, because when I took my hand off the good 5 second honk I had let out, my horn continued to blare!  RATS!  So I'm driving 55ish, whacking my steering wheel, trying to keep her on the road and get the horn to stop!  I was even glancing for the electrical cords to disconnect!  I eventually got to the point where if I held the horn down it wouldnt honk, but if I took my hand off it started again.  In the end I just gave it one, firm, square hit right to the middle and it stopped, but now I feel like I cant ever use my horn again!  And thankfully the guy turned just shortly after pulling in front of me, so he got the message but I think he thought a serious road rager was behind him! 

Ohh the Red Fox!  Gotta love her! :)

 Beach, Biking, Capt Sundae, Bonfire - Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. good share....just as funny in blogging as in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I was laughing so hard while reading this. Jamie just kept asking what was so funny and all I could get out was "Betsy" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, this made me laugh so hard! :) Love your blog, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete