So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

When you have it, you have it

And when you dont you dont. I just got back from running, and it was certainly worth writing about, I think anyway. I'm turning over a new working out leaf in September, it was supposed to be August but my social calendar got in the way. Anyway, I started out running and not even a half mile into it, I start smelling blueberry muffins, I mean come on, that's a serious insult to someone who's trying to get fit. This isnt just a passing whif either, I'm going past the industrial bakery, it lingers for about a mile! Well so then I'm probably 3 miles through, and some old dude calls out, 'How far are you going?' so I say, '4 miles!' he says, 'Better pick up the pace a little then!' Seriously old dude, I know I'm running slow, I had just admitted that to myself, but I dont need you telling me! shesh! So I must have been flustered, bc not 30 steps later, I'm avoiding a 'sidewalk closed' sign and I totally trip on a hidden bump! I go flying forward trying to save myself and end up catching myself, almost in push up position. I skinned my knee, palms and my thigh (I dont know how I did that), and my shoulders hurt a little from the jolt. Oye...I still had a mile to go! But I made it, and I'm doing well! Leaf turned over!
Anywhoo I have pictures from the Whitecaps game last night that I'll try to get up soon, and Happy 8 year Anniversary to my brother Nate and his wife Andrea! Check out her cutie blog if you get a chance!
Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You poor dear. Props to you for not giving up. I may have called someone to come pick me up! lol.

    I think that is so awesome that you're turning over a new leaf and upping the game. I need to do that this month. I did that in May, and worked out every single day. I felt great, and I loved X-ing out each day in a big bold Sharpie. {I'm weird like that!}

    You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy, is friend making tuesday from tatortots? I am so excited you posted my blog. do you have the thing where you can trace who comes to your blog?

    ReplyDelete