So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's the little things

How many times do you finish a week or day, and think 'that was good.' and for what reason?  I often find that for myself it's all in the little things.  Things like: having a meaningful conversation, the lady at work who is looking and feeling awesome cause she lost 20 pounds, getting a funny text or email from a friend, a note in the mail, plans to see an old friend, hearing excited people talk, the bing picture of the day (go there, it's cool!), having a ball team with a dog in the fight (sorta, better than the 90's!), encouraging others, remembering that the God I serve doesnt take vacations or need a nap, and feeling like I'm right where he wants me - which as we know, is the best place you can hope for!

I have a good weekend lined up - fishing with Kari and Traverse City with Melissa!

















 I hope you have a great weekend too!

3 comments:

  1. Good post. I have been feeling the same way this week. Each day has truly been a blessing and I've been enjoying the "little things" all week.
    Might I ask...fishing? Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, What a great post! Reminded me of some little things that gave me a lift too! Thanks for writing, I enjoyed reading!
    P.S. I like to fish too, been many moons gone by though, as I remember I really did like to fish! :) Wishing you another great week!

    ReplyDelete