So my friends and family can be up on life here in GR

'But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.'
1 Samuel 12.24

Monday, February 28, 2011

A Woman About Town

I had a very Grand Rapidsy day on Saturday.

I hit up the ymca downtown - it was jammed and I was jammin'!

Then I stopped by Dorothy and Tony's for a little local popcorn lovin' - it's cheaper and way more authentic if you get it in the shop, and dont tell Chicago's Garrett's but I think I like D&T's better...

Next I drove down the block passing Sweetlands (yes, passing not stopping) and I hit up Kingma's Market where I saw Nancy the Sample Lady and purchased cheese and some on sale Miniolas.

After that, I went to the Frederick Meijer Gardens with my mice friends.

Eliza and I were being circled by a pink and black Butterfly who kept landing on my camera!

Flutter... flutter... flutter...

Someone really wanted the butterfly on her, not the cam!

Blue Beauty

Got a Monarch to land on her

Here's how it went on video -
 

 We also played in the Children's Garden in the fluffy snow - had the place to ourselves, so beautiful even this time of year.

I love my city - what have you done in your local lately?

2 comments:

  1. I like Eliza's video... at the end.. "oh that tickled"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eliza says "Oh my gosh" two times! She looks like you Betsy. So funny about the camera. They are so beautiful!

    I hit Nordstroms today - is that Wash DC-ish?

    ReplyDelete