There are several ways to make the Half Hearted Cookies. I'd say before anything else you have to be making them with either love in your heart, or shear bliss about how much people are going to love them. Without one or both of those, they are nothing more than flour, sugar, butter and chocolate - which isnt all bad, but is made better with one of the afore mentioned items.
In my case I drove to my nearest GFS Marketplace (Happened to be Alpine in this case), purchased the delish Heart Shaped Cookie Dough from the coffin freezer, took them home, baked them from frozen, let them cool, melted chocolate chips, dipped one front half of each cookie in chocolate, used a knife to scrape off excess on the back and let them harden! Tadaaa!
But for real, any sugar cookie recipe will do, and to make them extra shiny, Becca added a little Crisco to the chocolate, not much though.
Birthday Festivities have been great this weekend, thanks to everyone who contributed! - pictures to follow!
Well we have no Good Fish Stories here so I guess I'll have to make sugar cookie dough from scratch! :)
ReplyDeleteMMMMMM!!!! COOKIES!!
ReplyDeleteI am a new follower from last weeks Meet Friends..and I hope that you will come by and follow back. It is nice to meet you. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog